This list is a low traffic list. In order to avoid spam and to reduce the traffic only registered mail addresses of freemind developers can be used to post. Everyone can subscribe for reading. You can create a SourceForge user account and use the FreeMind Open Discussion Forum for your own postings.
Nevertheless, if you would like to contribute to freemind and write to this list, you can send a mail to the list owner.
There are different possible ways of taking part in the FreeMind development: the project needs people for developing, testing and documenting of the program, and translating its interface and documentation in foreign languages.
New developer starts by sending his contributions for example as patches. Later on, he may get access to CVS repository. The process is approximately as follows.
* Create a user account at SourceForge.
* Discuss your contribution (the change, feature, bug fix, documentation or test plan) in our open discussion forum
* If the topic is accepted, start to change the actual CVS code. Be careful to use the right CVS branch. Currently we use the branch with a strange name "fm_060405_integration".
* For later merging of the code it could be better if you start from code state already labeled by a tag, e.g. "fm_0_9_0_beta9".
* If you have any questions during the implementing feel free to ask them in the "Open Discussion" forum. It is read by the other developers who possible can help you.
* Post your contribution in the patch section of SourceForge or send it by email to the current project manager. We do not respond immediately, as FreeMind team consists of volunteers.
* After having successfully developed and integrated some items, you get access to FreeMind's CVS repository at SourceForge.
You can find additional information here:
the list owner
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Freemind-developer
Subscribe to Freemind-developer by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.